StorageCraft ImageManager – Is a management software to effectively maintain and manage the continuous backup image chain and the storage space they use.
- continually verify backup images
- consolidate backup image files
- set retention policies for backup image files
- pre-stage a server recovery
- First install the ImageManager software from the following link. ImageManager does require a reboot to finalize the installation process.
- When running ImageManager for the first time, you will be prompted to set a password. This is specific to ImageManager only.
Note: You can reset the password for ImageManager by following the steps in this KB article
“ImageManager Password Reset”
- To start managing your continuous incremental chain click the folder icon in the top right corner . You can also just right click in the center page and select "Start Managing..."
- In the General tab, specify the path to your ShadowProtect images. For a local destination, you can browse using the . If you are going to a network path or NAS share you can copy and paste the path in the “Folder Path” box. Fore you network share you will need to enter the proper credentials to access the share.
- On the Verification tab, in most case you are going to leave this to the default settings. You can adjust the frequency of how often you re-verify the image chain. You can also have ImageManager do screenshot verifications using either Virtualbox or Hyper-V 2012 R2 plugin.
- On the Retention tab, enable the "Override retention settings for this managed folder". In most case you can leave the default retention setup for the Intra-daily, Daily, and Weekly images.
Enable the “Cleanup consolidated monthly image files (-cm)” setting. Its recommend to keep 12 months as to be able to restore from any month in the past year.
Deselect the “Move all consolidated image files to a subdirectory instead of deleting them” option since we want the old images to be removed after the chain is consolidated. This will help free up space on the local storage destination.
- Click Save to complete.
- To receive email notifications from ImageManager or for the advanced snapshot verification emails you will need to setup the "Notification Settings" with your SMTP information.
Proceed to the Next Step: Servosity Professional (Required for offsite backup)