Servosity Professional v7+
When performing a backup of any type, the following error message is received in the backup report
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
The Java process has run out of memory for the Servosity agent to complete the backup job. The default memory settings for Servosity Professional may need to be adjusted based on your actual system's memory usage during the time of the backup.
For Windows systems, you can increase the amount of memory Servosity is allowed to use according to the amount of free memory on the machine. Please select one of the attached zip files below.
- Download the file and save it to the C:\Program Files\ServosityPro. The zip file will contain a file called config.ini that you will use to overwrite the existing file.
- Ensure all Servosity backups are stopped and close the agent by right clicking on the tray icon and exiting the running Servosity client software.
- Open [Control Panel] -> [Administrative Tools] -> [Services] -> [Servosity Professional Services]
- Stop the [Servosity Professional Services] service
- With the user interface closed, expand the zip file and allow it to overwrite the default config.ini file.
- Then start the [Servosity Professional Services] service
- You can kick off a manual backup job or allow the backup to run on its normal scheduled time.
NOTE: It is not uncommon for large database or VM backups to require more memory. If the backup continues to fail you can increase the memory until the issue is resolved. If the error persist past 8GB of memory please submit a support ticket here