- Servosity Pro installation
Servosity Pro must be installed on the Exchange server hosting the database (e.g. Exchange server with mailbox role).
- Mailbox access permission
The Active Directory account used for backup must have full access to the mailboxes. To grant full access right for the account, enter the following command in Exchange Management Powershell:
|Get-MailboxServer | Add-ADPermission -User "%os_username%" -AccessRights GenericAll -ExtendedRights ms-exch-storeadmin,receive-as,send-as-InheritanceType All|
Note: %os_username% is the username of the operating system account for backup.
- Membership setting of the operating system account
The Active Directory account used for the backup must be a member of the following security groups:
- Microsoft Exchange Security \ Organization Management
- Users \ Administrator
- Users \ Domain Admins
- Users \ Enterprise Admins
- Remote Exchange Management Shell
Remote Exchange Management Shell must be enabled for the operating system account used for the backup. To do that, enter the following command in Exchange Management Powershell:
|Set-User "%os_username%" -RemotePowerShellEnabled $True|
- Mailbox enabled
The Active Directory account used for the backup must be have one or more Exchange Server mailboxes associated with it (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275636/en-us).
- Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) 1.2.1 installation
MAPI Collaboration Data Objects (CDO) 1.2.1 must be installed on the Exchange server.
Download and install CDO with the following installer: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3671
Create backup set
With all requirements checked, you can create the Exchange mail level backup set:
- Login to the Servosity Pro client user interface.
- Select the 'Backup Sets' tile, and the 'Add' button.
3. Select 'MS Exchange Mail Level Backup' backup set type, and the corresponding Exchange Version. Then enter the backup set name:
4. Configure the backup source of the backup set, select all mailboxes within the mailbox store by selecting the Mailbox Store:
5. To select individual mailbox for backup, expand the Mailbox Store. Click 'Show mails' to select individual mail items to be backup:
6. Click 'OK' afterward.
7. Proceed through configuring the Schedule, Destinations, Encryption, and Authentication. If you need any assistance with these steps, check the second half of this article: https://support.servosity.com/hc/en-us/articles/224139127-Creating-an-Exchange-Server-Backup