OS: All platforms
When performing a backup of any type, the following error message is received in the backup report
The Java process has ran out of memory.
The default memory settings for ServosityStd/ServosityPro is set when the software is installed. This setting may need to be adjusted based on your actual system's memory usage.
For Windows Users:Based on the amount of free memory on the machine running ServosityPro, please select one of the attached zip files.
- 512m.zip - run ServosityStd/ServosityPro with 512 MB of memory
- 768m.zip - run ServosityStd/ServosityPro with 768 MB of memory
- 1024m.zip - run ServosityStd/ServosityPro with 1024 MB of memory
- 2048m.zip - run ServosityStd/ServosityPro with 2048 MB of memory
- 3072m.zip - run ServosityStd/ServosityPro with 3072 MB of memory
- Download the file and save it to the C:\Program Files\ directory for your installed product. The zip file will contain 2 files config.ini
- Right click on the tray icon and exist the running Servosity client software and ensure the user interface is closed.
- Open [Control Panel] -> [Administrative Tools] -> [Services] -> [Online Backup Scheduler]
- Stop the [Online Backup Scheduler] service
- Expand this zip file and allow it to over write the default files.
- Then start the [Online Backup Scheduler] service
For Unix or Mac OSX navigate to the installation directory and locate the following files to modify them.
Locate the line: app.system.ui.vm.opt.xmx=___
Change the value after the = sign to 512, 768, 1024, 2048, and 3072 - depending on your machines memory
Locate the file: JAVA_OPTS="-Xrs -Xmx___m"
Replace the value indicated by the ___ to 512, 768, 1024, 2048, and 3072 - depending on your machines memory