OS: All platforms
When running a backup with local copy enabled, the following error appears.
[BackupSetIndex.init]@7eb366 Index corrupted 'Z:\directory\username\files\backupset_id'
If the local copy feature is enabled and set to backup to a local network drive, this error can occur if ServosityOBM does not have permission rights to the network drive to update the index files. Such as ServosityOBM scheduler service is using the local system account to access the network resources.
To resolve the issue, please ensure that the "Log on" account of the ServosityOBM scheduler service has sufficient permission right to access the network drive.
Instead of "Local System" (which is used by default), try running the ServosityOBM scheduler service with a Windows account that has sufficient permission right to access the MS Exchange database. You can do so by following the instructions below:
1. Open [Control Panel] -> [Administrative Tools] -> [Services] -> [Online Backup Scheduler (Servosity Online Backup Manager)] -> [Log on]
2. Select the [This Account] option
3. Enter the Login Credentials
4. Restart the [Online Backup Scheduler (Servosity Online Backup Manager)] service
5. Update the backup set to use the full UNC path instead of a drive letter. A drive letter may not be available to the service.
This error can also occur if the local copy directory is on a network share that becomes unavailable during the backup.