If you are having VSS issues, or have been asked to run this by Servosity Technical Support; you may follow these instructions to troubleshoot VSS errors. You will add the vsstest.bat file as command line tool pre-command. It will create 2 log files, which you can send to support to aid in troubleshooting VSS errors.
- Download the vsstest.bat file (link at bottom of this page) and save it on C:\ or in My Documents (anywhere you choose)
- Open Servosity Pro, click the Gear Icon, choose your backup set, and then Command Line Tool.
- Click Add under the "Pre-backup" section to add a new pre-backup command.
- The name can be VSS Test (or similar).
- Choose change and pick the working directory - this should be where you saved the vsstest.bat file.
- In the command section, type vsstest.bat (case sensitive).
- Your setup should look similar to below:
- Click OK, then click Save Settings.
- The next time you run the backup (manually or scheduled); it will create 2 files named vssproviders.log AND vsswriters.log (in the same directory where the vsstest.bat is located).
- Please Send both of the log files to Servosity Support for further analysis.