To restore a MS Exchange database backup to a Recovery Storage Group (RSG), please follow the instructions below:
- Restore the MS Exchange database data using the Servosity Pro software to a temporary directory (e.g. D:\restore)
- Open [Exchange Management Console], select [Toolbox], and then [Database Recovery Management] to create the Recovery Storage Group (RSG) for the "First Storage Group".
- Open a command prompt and access the C:\Program Files\ServosityPro\bin directory
- Run the following command according to the name of the MS Exchange Server to be restored:
>ExchangeRestore.exe/ExchangeRestore64.exe DIR="D:\restore" SERVER="Your_Server_Name" SERVICE="Microsoft Information Store" STORAGE="First Storage Group" TEMP="C:\temp" MORE LOG="N"
- Mount the Recovery Storage Group (RSG) and the perform the recovery operation on the affected MS Exchange database (For more details, please refer to the following article from Microsoft:http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa997694.aspx or http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa998782.aspx)
- Dismount the Recovery Storage Group (RSG) afterward
- Having entered the command in Step 4, by default, database(s) and log(s) will be restored to the Recovery Storage Group (RSG) instead of the original First Storage Group (FSG)
- Furthermore, Public Folder Stores are not supported for restore using the Recovery Storage Group (RSG)