The basic Shadow Protect backups are build right into Servosity Pro and you do not need to go outside of ServosityPro to set up your backup.
- Start Servosity Pro and your will be prompted for your backup account username and password. Click OK once you enter your credentials
- During the first run of ServosityPro, you will be prompted to create your first backup set.
a. Enter a name for your backup set, ie - Shadow Protect Backup
b. Select "ShadowProtect System Backup" from the "Type" drop down.
c. Confirm the path to StorageCraft ShadowProtect is set up properly. This should be detected automatically unless you changed the install path during the Shadow Protect install.
d. click Next
- Select the system volume(s) that you want to backup and click Next. Note - you need to have a non-system partition or drive on the system to use for your temporary directory.
- Backup Schedule:Click Properties to adjust the default schedule. We suggest that you choose "Volume Differential" for the backup type. You can adjust the schedule start time as you need. Click OK to close the Backup Schedule Properties window, and then OK to close the New Backup Set Wizard.
- Now that the backup set is created, we need to modify some of the default settings. Please click the gear icon in the bottom toolbar of Servosity Pro to access the backup settings.
- Servosity recommends using the Differential option for the in-file delta processing. Click the In-File Delta tab and change the default type to "Differential".
- Set your temporary directory. Click the Options tab, then "Change" to browse to and select a destination directory. This should be a drive other than your main Windows boot drive. Click "OK" once you have selected the destination directory. Note - if using a network share, please use the UNC path to the network share here instead of a shared drive letter.
- Click OK to exit the Backup Settings Window, and then click "Save Settings" from the main window to save your backup settings.
- The first backup will generate a full system image file. To launch the initial backup
a. Click Backup
b. Select the newly created backup set you created above.
c. Make sure "Volume Complete" is selected.
d. Optional: If doing a Seed Load, click Options
e. Optional: If doing a Seed Load, click "Local Hard Disk", then "Change" to browse to the location of your USB/Portable drive
f. Make sure "Full" is selected for In-File Delta Type
g. click OK to start the backup.