Resetting the Agent Password
When first installed, each ImageManager agent has a default password of "password". Use this when connecting to the ImageManager Agent for the first time. After connecting for the first time, you must change the Agent password. Once you have changed the password, if you forget it StorageCraft provides a password reset utility so you can reset the Agent password.
To reset the agent password
- Download the Password Reset utility fromhttp://www.storagecraft.com/downloads/ImageManager.ResetPassword.exe to a location of your choice.
- Open a Windows command line shell cmd.exe.
On Windows systems (Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows Server 2008 & 2008R2, and Windows Server 2012), run the Password Reset utility as an administrator (right-click on the Command Prompt shortcut, then selectRun as Administrator).
- Browse to the directory where you downloaded the password reset utility, then execute readme.txt withImageManager.ResetPassword.exe.
You can close Command Prompt after running the password reset utility.
- Start ImageManager, then connect to the ImageManager Agent using the default password of password.
- When prompted, reset the agent password to a value of your choosing.