The ShadowProtect backup job fails and displays the error in the UI and in the logs:
Sbset 404 Cannot open file \\Backups\C_VOLC_VOLC_VOL-b001.spf (-2 The system cannot find the file specified.)
It is likely a problem with corrupt registry settings that is a result of either upgrading from a previous installation of ShadowProtect or by modifying the destination object.
Open the registry editor and make modifications to the job settings using the following steps:
- Go to - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\ShadowProtectSvc\Parameters\Jobs\GUID\Tasks\GUID (GUID being the backup job ID).
- Once you are there, locate the necessary job and volume.
- Right-click on DiffGenImage and modify the name.
(For example, C_VOLC_VOLC_VOL-b001 should only be C_VOL-b001.)
- Apply these changes to any other volumes that are experiencing the same issue.
- Click Start, open the run command and type services.msc
- Then locate the ShadowProtect service.
- Right click on the ShadowProtect service and select restart.
- After you remove the unnecessary additions (the extra C_VOL's) to the job name and restart the service you should be able to backup successfully.
Although we make every effort to be timely and accurate, the registry is part of the Windows internal programming code and is therefore subject to change at any time. Possible discrepancies include changes in the locations of the entries, the default values, the range, the use of the data, and its content. We recommend that you use regedit to make these changes. If the registry entry is not where you expect it to be, please open a support case with us.