Mounting a Backup Image File
ShadowCraft ShadowProtect SPX contains the Image Chain Browser which allows you to browse through your local images and either mount or virtually boot them to restore chosen data.
To get started, open ShadowProtect SPX.
- Click Tools > Image Chain Browser
- From the Destination drop down, select the destination you want to restore from.
Note: If the image you need to mount is not shown, you can click Local Folder and then browse to navigate to where the images are stored.
- Select the image you would like to mount. You can select older images to restore data from a prior date.
- Once you've highlighted the image you wish to mount, click the Mount Image button the bottom right.
Note: You might be prompted to enter your password to mount the image.
- In the next window, you are able to select which drive letter to mount the image to. You also have the option to mount the image as a sub-folder mount point. Click OK to mount the image.
- Once the image is mounted, you will be able to access the files within the image like normal and restore what you wish.
- When you are finished and ready to dismount the image, click the Mounted Images button at the top of the main screen.
- Click Dismount beside your mounted image.