ShadowProtect can send email notifications on the success or failure of a backup job with details on its start and finish time, source volume, and destination.
- Open the ShadowProtect SPX console on the local machine
- Select "File" at the top right of the ShadowProtect console
- Select "Notification Settings"
- Check the Notify using email (SMTP) option and configure what email alerts you want to receive.
- Then select the "SMTP Settings..." button at the top right of the dialog box
- You will need to configure your SMTP server settings so that ShadowProtect can send the emails
- Click save settings and ShadowProtect has a Send Test Message option at the bottom of the dialog box to ensure you have the correct information configured.
- Once the email has been confirmed you can Save settings and exit ShadowProtect
|SMTP Server Name or IP Address||The host name or IP address of the outgoing SMTP server to use when sending email notifications (for example email@example.com).|
|SMTP Port||(Default: 25) The port used by the SMTP service.
The default port for secure SMTP connections (SSL) is 465 or use 587 for (TLS)
|SMTP Login User Name||The username ShadowProtect uses to access the SMTP server. For example, firstname.lastname@example.org.|
|SMTP Login Password||The password associated with the SMTP user name.|
|SMTP Authentication Method||The authentication method used by the SMTP server. Select the appropriate authentication method for your SMTP server from the dropdown list. For example, the SMTP authentication method for Gmail is Login.|
|Use SSL||(Default: Off) The selection for a secure connection with the SMTP server.
When using SSL, make sure to set the SMTP Port accordingly. (The SSL port is 465.)
|Email From Address||The email address that appears in email message's From field.|
|Email To Addresses||A list of email addresses that you want to receive the notification. Use a semi-colon for multiple addresses.|
|Custom Subject Suffix||(Optional) A text string that appears below the ShadowProtect-generated email content in the Subject field.
When creating this content, use /r for carriage return, /n for new line, and /t for tab characters.
|Custom Body Prefix||(Optional) A text string that appears in the email Message field. Use /r for carriage return, /n for new line, and /t for tab characters.|
|Send Email on Success||(Default: Off) The selector for notifying success. Select ON if you want to send notification emails when ShadowProtect successfully completes a job.|
|Send Email on Failure||(Default: Off) The selector for notifying failure. Select ON if you want to send notification emails when ShadowProtect fails to complete a job.|
|Send daily report||(Default: Off) The selector for daily notifications. Select ON if you want to send a daily report of ShadowProtect activities.|
|Send weekly report||(Default: Off) The selector for weekly notifications. Select ON if you want to send a weekly report of ShadowProtect activities.|
If you have trouble receiving ShadowProtect email messages on your production email server, try sending emails to an external email account such as Gmail or Outlook. This lets you isolate the problem to ShadowProtect or the email system.