Error connecting to server. Unspecified error
When starting the ShadowProtect GUI you get the following errors.
- Error connecting to Server. Unspecified error.
- Agent is incompatible with the GUI. Minimum version required is 39
- Failed to update volumes information. An attempt was made to reference a token that does not exist
In the Windows application event logs you get errors like.
- ShadowProtect Service failed to start. HRESULT 0x80004005
- Dependent Assembly Microsoft VC80.MFCLOC coud not be found and Lasr Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.
- SidebySide errors reported.
This problem is due to the server not having the latest Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package installed.
Go to Microsoft web site to download and install this package.
This error can be seen after installing or updating to version 220.127.116.1170 of ShadowProtect.