Refer to the following instructions to backup VM running on Microsoft Hyper-V Server:
Please ensure that you have created the Hyper-V DR Account before the setup. Please see screenshot below:
***Note: Ensure that you set the account type to Hyper-V and set the number of VM guest you want to backup.***
1. Login to the backup application's user interface.
2. Select the [Backup Settings] button and the button to start the New Backup Set Wizard.
3. Create a MS VM Backup set by selecting [MS VM Backup] from the backup set type drop down menu.
4. Select the version of the hypervisor.
5. Select [Next] to proceed.
6. Select the corresponding virtual machines for backup.
7. Alternatively, select individual virtual disk for backup by expanding the corresponding VM sub tree.
Note: For backup of individual virtual disk, configuration files of the VM are also backed up.
Important: For backup of virtual machine with snapshot, backup of the whole VM is highly recommended (instead of selective virtual disk).
8. Configure a backup schedule for unattended backups
Note: Multiple backup schedules of different types can be configured for the same backup set.
9. Select an encryption setting for your backup set.
10. Press the [OK] button to complete the configuration of backup set.
11. Scheduled backup will run automatically at the configured schedule time.
12. Click [Backup] button on the left panel to perform a backup immediately