How to restore a VMware ESX / ESXi guest virtual machine to another host server?
- The following assumption are made:
- The original and new destination ESX / ESXi host are running on the same ESX / ESXi version.
- ServosityPro is installed on the original backup computer (where the backup job was originally performed
Instruction: Refer to the following steps for the restore:
- Login to the Servosity PRO user interface.
- Select the corresponding VMware VM backup set under Backup Setting.
- In the General tab:
-Modify the host setting, by changing the field from the original to the destination VMware ESX / ESXi server's hostname or IP address.
Modify the root password setting if necessary.
- Disable the Backup Schedule temporarily to ensure that no backup job is performed while the restore is in process:
- Press OK to exit from the Backup Setting menu.
- Select the Restore button, then the corresponding VMware VM backup set, and Next.
- In the Restore Menu:
-Select Alternate location, and the corresponding guest virtual machine to be restored.
-Enter a new name for the guest virtual machine.
-Configure other settings such as Storage as required.
- Press the Start Restore button to begin the restore process.