- After logging in, from the main panel, select "Backup Sets".
- Select "Add new backup set".
- Select MS SQL Server Backup in the Backup set type drop-down.
- Select any database you would like to backup.
- The scheduled is defaulted to have both the Database and the Transaction log backups. For best practices Servosity recommends that you remove the Transaction log backups and run Database full backups daily. Our in-file Delta technology with calculate the differences and send only the changes offsite.
- Click into the "Full Backup Schedule" and Select all 7 days then save. Click into the "Incremental Backup Schedule" and on the bottom left remove the backup schedule button. This will leave you with just the database fulls as describe above. ***Note: If your database is larger than 250 GB+ you may need to run a Transaction log backup depending on the clients bandwidth.
- Here you can define the destination of where the files will be backed up.
- In this example, we are using the ServosityCloud.
- In addition, you can create a storage pool. This will allow you to backup data across multiple destinations.
Note: The software will test access to the destination before it is added.
- Select Next after you configure your destination(s).
- Here you can choose which type of encryption you would like. When choosing "Custom" the options for the algorithm are AES (recommended), DESede, and Twofish.
- If you choose default, the key can be viewed by going back into "Backup Sets" from the main panel, selecting the backup set > Show advanced settings > Others > Encryption > Unmask encryption key.
Note: Do not lose your encryption key. Without this you will not be able to restore your backup.
- Enter Windows credentials if required.
- Select "Next" to complete the creation of the backup set.