- After logging in, from the main panel, select "Backup Sets".
- Select "Add new backup set".
- SelectMS Exchange Server Backup in the Backup set type drop-down.
- Select any server(s) you would like to backup.
- Servosity recommends that you remove the two default schedules and run a Full (Database) Backup Daily and let the In-File Delta (Servosity incremental tracker) handle the changes on the database. This allows you to track the changes but gives you an easier option for restore since you will only need to restore the .edb file without having to use transaction logs.
- By default the scheduled backups will be Weekly Full (database) backups with Daily Transaction Logs. This is a traditional Exchange backup schedule and recommend for larger databases over 250-300 GB + in size.
- Here you can define the destination of where the files will be backed up.
- In this example, we are using the ServosityCloud.
- In addition, you can create a storage pool. This will allow you to backup data across multiple destinations.
Note: The software will test access to the destination before it is added.
- Select Next after you configure your destination(s).
- Here you can choose which type of encryption you would like. When choosing "Custom" the options for the algorithm are AES (recommended), DESede, and Twofish.
- If you choose default, the key can be viewed by going back into "Backup Sets" from the main panel, selecting the backup set > Show advanced settings > Others > Encryption > Unmask encryption key.
Note: Do not lose your encryption key. Without this you will not be able to restore your backup.
- Enter Windows credentials if required.
- Select "Next" to complete the creation of the backup set.