This article outlines the steps to perform a backup to a local backup destination for a Servosity Seed Load.
Refer to the following steps for details:
1. First, configure the backup set to perform the initial backup to a local destination.
- Login to the ServosityPro client user interface.
- Select the 'Backup Sets' tile, then the corresponding backup set:
- Create a backup set by clicking the 'Add' icon.
- Select the Backup set type, then enter a Name for your backup set.
- Continue to create the backup set as you would normally.
- In the 'Destination' menu, click the '+' icon next to Add new storage destination / destination pool:
- From the 'Destination storage' dropdown menu, select 'Local / Mapped Drive / Removable Drive'.
- Ensure that the destination type is set to 'Single storage destination', then click on the 'Change' button to change the local destination path:
- Press 'OK', then 'Next', and continue on with the backup set creation.
- Disable the backup scheduler temporarily until the seed load is copied over to Servosity’s servers. Your support engineer will let you know when to re-enable this setting.
2. Next, perform the initial backup to the local destination.
- In the client user interface, select the 'Backup' tile:
- Select the corresponding backup set for backup:
- Click on the 'Show advanced option' button, ensure that the 'In-File Delta' type is set to 'Full'.
- Under 'Destination', deselect all destinations except for the newly created local destination (if there is any):
- Click 'Backup' to start the initial backup.