Instant Boot of Hyper-V Guest VMs
- Login to the Servosity Pro agent and select the “Restore” tile to the bottom left
- On the next page you will need to select the Hyper-V backup set and then the destination that was configured for the “VM Run Direct” feature.
- Determine where you want to restore the VM. The VM will be live migrated to the location during the restore process.
- Set the temporary directory to a location that will have enough space during the restore operation.
- The VM will begin to restore itself and you will see the guest VM in the list of machines in your Hyper-V manager screen. At this point VM should allow you to connect and be fully operational.
- With the VM running the restore will continue to run in the background. Servosity will live migrate the VM to the permanent storage that you selected in the previous steps.