The SPX Mount feature provides users with a simple way to recover files and folders. To perform a restore of one or more files or folders:
1. Add your Destination if it is not already added by click on the Destination button
2. Click the Image Chain Browser icon on the SPX Tool Bar .
3. Select the storage location of the backup files using the Destination dropdown.
4. Select the base backup file for the volume in the Base Image list. SPX populates the Image Chain pane with the backup files for that volume.
5. Select the backup file in the chain for the date and time desired.
6. Click the Mount icon from the Actions menu .
Note: Provide the encryption password if required.
7. Accept the default mount directory or specify a different one if required.
8. Accept the default to mount the volume as Read-Only. SPX mounts the volume.
SPX can also mount the volume as Read-Write if required. (Some programs require writing to the volume in order to open a
file or folder.) Users may also want to modify the volume's existing content. SPX can save these changes to a new, branch
incremental file. (SPX never modifies the original image file.)
9. Locate the desired file(s) or folder(s) and copy the item(s) to the original and/or new drive location.
10. When finished, click the Mounted Images icon in the Tool Bar .
11. Click Dismount.