- First download the Servosity Professional agent and install it on your machine.
Note: Its recommend to set Servosity to "Me Only" during the installation process.
- After logging in, from the main panel, select "Backup Sets".
- Select "Add new backup set".
- Select Office 365 Exchange Online Backup in the Backup set type drop-down list. Input your administrative Username and Password below and click Next
- On the Backup Source page select the Mailboxes and Folders you would like to back up. If you would like to exclude specific messages, select the "Show mails" box and deselect any messages to be excluded.
- You can either modify the existing scheduled time by double clicking on it (default is 8:00 PM) or select "Add new schedule" in order to create a Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Custom option.
- Choose a local or offsite destination for your replication. You can push to as many destinations as required. In addition, you can create a storage pool. This will allow you to backup data across multiple destinations.
- Servosity offers two types of encryption methods. When choosing "Custom" you have the ability to setup a custom encryption key or phrase. The second option is using the “Default” option which is a auto generated 44 character long encryption key.
Note: The "Custom" option as well as the "Default" auto generated key are both set to AES 256 Bit encryption by default.
Note: If you choose "Default", the key can be viewed by going back into "Backup Sets" from the main panel, selecting the backup set > Show advanced settings > Others > Encryption > Unmask encryption key.
Note: You want to ensure the encryption key is stored somewhere safe as you will be unable to recover if the key is lost or forgotten.
- Select "Next" to complete the creation of the backup set. You can choose to kick the backup off now or allow it to run on its normal scheduled backup. The first backup will be the initial full and the subsequent jobs will be incrementals (just the changed data).