Servosity Office 365 backup is a server side solution. There is no software to install in your customers environment, and you'll configure the backups and run restores directly through the web interface.
Before we configure the backup set, we'll need to make sure that the Office 365 account has the proper permissions.
To do that, you'll need to log in @ https://outlook.office365.com/ecp
Permissions, you'll want to select
Discovery Management and add the following roles:
Mailbox Import Export
After that, confirm that this account is also a Global Administrator.
Now you're all set to create the backup set. Here's how to do that:
1. Create an Office 365 backup account at https://cp.servosity.com. Make sure you enter the number of mailboxes you want to backup.
2. Click on the backup account name to log into the Servosity online backup server.
3. Click the User tile. On the left panel, click Backup Sets, then click the button at the top to create a new backup set.
4. Change the backup set name if you wish. Under Backup Set Type select Office 365 Backup. Make sure you choose to run the backup job on the Server since you won't be downloading the client for this backup job.
5. Type in the Office 365 Username and Password below and click the Test button. If it authenticates correctly you'll see it confirm the successful connection, then click the in the bottom right corner.
6. You can select the options on this screen to backup the entire organization, for example, selecting outlook with backup every users mailbox. If you prefer to only backup certain users, you can click I would like to choose the items to backup and it will give you a list of users to select from.
7. By default the backup will run at 6 AM daily. You can change this time by clicking on the existing backup schedule and selecting whatever time you would like your backup job to run. Then click the in the bottom right corner.
8. Click the in the bottom right corner to select the Servosity Unlimited destination.
9. By default the Encryption is set to "Custom" and is populated with a randomly generated 44 character AES-256 encryption key. This key is used by all Servosity Office 365 backup sets. For security we recommend you change the key to something new and keep a copy in your records. Click the in the bottom right corner to create the backup set.
After these steps are complete, your backup will run at the scheduled time daily. You can see the backup reports on CheckCentral just like a Servosity client backup.