In this article we're going to break down the differences between Servosity Unlimited and Servosity Fully Managed, but I want to start by going over what is the same:
- Software: Whether it's just files or full imaging backup, both Servosity Unlimited and Fully Managed accounts get the same great applications either way.
- Support: Whether you need help with new installations, backup issues, restoring data, or just some training our support team is there to help, from 9AM - 6PM EST for typical support, or 24/7/365 for any emergency restore support.
- Sales: Whether you're trying to bring on a Fully Managed client with 10 servers, or an Unlimited client with a single desktop, our sales team is available to answer any questions about the different versions of software, and to connect you with a sales engineer if you need specific technical recommendations.
Here's where things change between the two versions:
- Software installation and configuration: If you'd like, once you've provided remote access to your client's systems, we'll be happy to install the appropriate software for you. We'll just need you to reboot the system if it's required. If you choose to install the software yourself, no problem, we'll still handle all the configuration and getting the backups running.
- Monitoring: Each day our Support team will check each backup job for every Fully Managed account. You can still get daily reports, and realtime error notifications, but you can rest easy know that our team is already aware of any problems that you see.
- Proactive Support: If we find any errors or warnings on a backup job, we'll take steps to diagnose and repair the problem. We will note any steps we took to fix these issues, and we'll only involve you if there's something we can't fix without a major change or a reboot.
- Testing: For DR backups, as long as the hardware permits, we will run automated nightly data integrity checks and verify all of your DR backups contain uncorrupted disk images. If any issues are found, we will work to fix them, or if it's an issue with the source disk, we will let you know you may need to schedule some disk checking, or replace a failing hard drive. We will also perform an offline emergency restore test on each DR system where you have a dedicated BDR server on site. DR testing in AWS is available for free on request every 3 months (up to 4 hours per test).
- Software installation and configuration: Our support team will make sure that you and your team are trained to install and configure all of our software according to best practices, and we're always available to walk you through an installation or configuration for a new system, or a new customer.
- Monitoring: We'll train you how to interpret the backup job notifications, including errors, warnings, and daily summary emails, and make sure that everyone who needs it has access to the reporting portal, as well as notification emails.
- Reactive Support: If you're having trouble getting a backup job configured, or seeing errors on the jobs, your team are the "first responders". Our goal is for you to understand the products so well that you won't have to call us for most of these, but if you do, we'll be here. All of our training sessions can be scheduled for new employees or as a refresher at any time, just ask your partner success manager and they'll be happy to set that up.
- Testing: We'll be happy to walk you through configuring any automated testing you would like, and train you on how to run manual tests. How often you do those tests is up to you.
To summarize, if you're a long-time Servosity Partner, nothing is changing with the same Servosity Unlimited product you're used to. The same products, the same support, the same dedication to making the world's servers uncrashable. Fully Managed is our response to partners, both old and new, who don't have the time or manpower to check on backups every day, or who would prefer to have our team of experts making sure that everything is running smooth, instead of teaching another suite of products to their team who is already spread too thin. If you'd like to discuss Servosity Fully Managed further, you can contact your partner success manager, or email email@example.com or call 800-429-0500 ext. 1.